Enter the following fields to e-mail the details.
Note: The e-mail addresses you provide are used only to send this e-mail and will not be stored.
Monograms provides travelers access to a Local Host®, so you will have someone on hand to answer those vacation questions pertaining to Quebec City, Quebec in Canada. No waiting in line at the concierge desk or trying to ask your waitress at breakfast directions to the shopping district. Simply ask your Local Host® about Quebec City and you'll be on your way in no time. Plus, your Local Host® will share local Quebec City insights and share suggestions for getting off the beaten path, leaving you more time to create lasting vacation memories that are yours alone.
Meet a Local Host®
Born and raised in Québec City, Lise's 30-plus years in the tourism industry have included work at the conventions and meetings levels, as well as with incentive programs through destination management companies. With a deep love for her hometown, she is very knowledgeable about what makes it so unique, and she looks forward to introducing passengers to this fascinating, historic walled city.
On Your Own Suggestions
- Treat yourself to a pleasant round-trip ferry ride on board the M.V. Alphonse-Desjardins or the M.V. Lomer-Gouin , where you can admire the magnificent view of Québec from the ships. Make sure to bring your camera to capture a panorama that will never be forgotten.
- Make your way to Lower Town to Quartier Petit Champlain to see the incredible history depicted on the mural. Stop for lunch at Le Cochon Dingue (The Crazy Pig), featuring steak and fries, quiche, and a wide array of sandwiches. Save room for dessert!
- Enjoy a cocktail at the Chateau Frontenac’s St. Laurent Bar and imagine all the dignitaries and celebrities who have sat where you are: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and even Alfred Hitchcock.
- Hop on the historic funicular and enjoy a fun ride. The cable car connects the Dufferin Terrace with the Lower Town; anyone up to the challenge can take the steep stairway.
- Make sure to sample poutine, a regional specialty that consists of French fried potatoes covered with brown gravy and fresh cheese curds.